Delaware is a rare example of an early 19th century river tug. She was built in 1912 in Bethel, DE, by William Smith at the same yard as the ram schooner Victory Chimes. Delaware towed scows and barges on the Nanicoke River until being sold in 1929 to a marine construction firm in Easton, MD. She was donated to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in St Michaels, MD in 1991 by Bailey Marine Construction Inc, and has undergone hull restoration and cosmetic work to bring her back to her original appearance. Delaware recently received the American Historical Steamship Society Restoration of the Year award.